We value and celebrate:
– Courageous leaders who passionately seek to equip their churches to accomplish Christ’s mission.
– Healthy local churches who work to make disciples of Jesus Christ and launch new churches.
– Partnership and accountability among churches and leaders who are networked together to accomplish our mission.
– Multiplication of leaders and churches so that the Gospel of Jesus Christ radically impacts the world.
To serve the local church assisting them to accomplish their God-given mission to make disciples of all nations.
We envision a network of vibrant churches empowered by God and mobilized by passionate spiritual leaders, living out the gospel by serving their communities and making disciples of Jesus Christ to the glory of God.
Healthy Churches …
Demonstrate dependence on God to build His church – 1 Corinthians 3:5-10
Strategize for making new disciples of Jesus Christ who will reproduce other new disciples – Matthew 28:18-20
Deploy a polity that empowers congregational ministry, not manage it – Ephesians 4:11-12
- Board Governs – 30,000’ view
- Pastor Leads – Vision Catalyst
- Staff Manage – Staff is not defined by compensation but by authority and responsibility
- Members serve or minister
Encourage new disciples to grow in the knowledge, character and missional passion of Christ who is the head of the church – Ephesians 4:12-13
Develop an infectious missional unity that is based in love– John 17:20-23
Prioritize strategically and financially their community as their primary mission focus – Acts 1:8
Value change as a cultural necessity – Acts 15:10-11
Assess regularly for ministry health and evangelistic effectiveness – Rev. 1-3
Effective Leaders …
Are optimists, believing the chief shepherd will win.
- Gather people around mission
- Communicate clarity and focus of vision
- Pray cosmically for their community
Love the Sheep, but love the Shepherd and His mission more, and will move the sheep to fulfill it. – Stewardship
- Lead the congregation toward mission, not be their custodian who simply cares for them
- Recognize that wisdom and wise behaviors are as important as faithfulness and commitment
- Realize that faithfulness without fruitfulness is hypocrisy
Value evangelism and practice it.
Are passionate …
- Life Long Learners
- Not lacking in zeal – energetic and unflagging enthusiasm, especially for a cause or idea
- Understanding how to generate momentum
- Willing to risk everything including their positions
See themselves and their congregations as missionary forces.
- Are amateur sociologists seeking gospel opportunity
- Leverage a small group (the congregation) to change a large group (the town or community)
- Congregational Culture Sculptors